Latest Policy Update:
SECTION 1 – ABOUT THIS POLICY
We hope you take the time to read this policy. It is important to check back often for updates. If we make changes we consider to be important, we will let you know by placing a notice on the relevant Service and/or contact you using other methods such as email.
SECTION 2 – WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT & WHY
We collect information about you when you send us an email, leave comments or submit a request form but only for the purposes of carrying out our contracted service or contacting you with a reply as requested. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, e-mail address, phone number, credit/debit card details and any other details as might be requested from you for the purpose of registration and/or continued use of our Services.
We may also collect information from you if you request information or customer support.
2.1 – CONTACT FORMS
When you send us a contact form request, that information is used solely for the purposes of replying to your message. The contact form software we use records your data in our website database so it can send us a notification of your correspondence. Emails are retained on the database for a period of two months, after which they are deleted.
2.2 – ECOMMERCE
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
2.2.1 What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for XXX years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
2.2.2 Who on our team has access:
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. Our website administrator and shop administrator can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
- Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others:
We do not share your order information with any third parties
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
2.3 – EVENTS
If you purchase a place on one of our programs, we will retain the following information to fulfil the order and provide the service:
- Attendees information (RSVPs and Tickets): name and email address
- Ticket information (RSVPs and Tickets): name, email address, and ticket number/SKU (via check-in page)
- Ticket purchaser information: name and email address
- Ticket purchaser billing address, which is collected through the use of WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, or PayPal
2.4 – COMMENTS
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
2.5 – MEDIA
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
SECTION 3 – COOKIES
Nope, not the delicious chocolate chip ones but, instead, little bits of code that follow you around the web.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
3.2 – WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE
3.3.1 – WEBSITE FUNCTION COOKIES
OUR OWN COOKIES
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
THIRD PARTY FUNCTIONS
- Paypal & Stripe
- Google Fonts
- YouTube Videos
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
3.3.2 – SOCIAL WEBSITE COOKIES
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by: Google / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter when you share any content to those platforms.
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
3.3.3 – VISITOR STATISTICS COOKIES
We use: Google Analytics
3.4 – TURNING COOKIES OFF
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing http://www.attacat.co.uk/, a marketing agency based in Edinburgh. If you need similar information for your own website you can use their free cookie audit tool.
SECTION 4 – WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
SECTION 5 – HOW WE KEEP YOUR DATA SAFE
Our website uses an SSL certificate which protects data as it is transferred from computer to computer. SSL is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral. SSL is an industry standard and is used by millions of websites in the protection of their online transactions with their customers.
Our website and databases are hosted on a server in the EU with Siteground, who are fully compliant with GDPR regulations. Our website is kept up to date, manually reviewed on a weekly basis and protected by robust security tools, to defend it against hacking, phishing or any unauthorised entry.
SECTION 6 – WHAT WE WILL DO IN CASE OF A DATA BREACH
Under General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 if the personal data that you store about you has been compromised in any form we will report the breach to the DPC (Data Protection Officer) within 72 hours.
We have procedures in place to detect, report and investigate a personal data breach and will comply with these and review them on a regular basis.
If a data breach is likely to bring harm to you the ‘individual’ (such as identity theft or breach of confidentiality) you will also be notified.
SECTION 7 – OUR CONTACT INFORMATION
You can contact us by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will respond to any requests for data or information as soon as possible.